MIT, Materials Research Laboratory
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
NSF/REU Summer Scholars Program
Thank you for your interest in the MRL Summer Research Internship opportunity sponsored through the NSF REU program. The program started in 1983, and has brought hundreds of the best science and engineering undergraduates in the country to MIT for graduate-level materials research. A wide range of project areas are available. The application must be submitted by March 15, 2021.
- Only US citizens/permanent residents may apply
- Program dates: June 9, 2021 - August 13, 2021
- Stipend $5000
- Open to students who are starting their junior or senior year at any college or university, other than MIT, in September of 2021
- Selection is based on application, academic history and recommendation letters
- Application deadline : March 15, 2021
- Awards will be announced on or shortly after: April 1, 2021
- This 10-week Undergraduate Research Program is currently planned to be hosted virtually in Summer 2021. If circumstances change and the program can transition to on-campus, additional support includes reasonable travel costs up to $1000.
The application is long but your responses will be auto saved. Please make sure to fill out all the information. No incomplete applications will be accepted.
A recommendation letter is required from your each of your references (2). You must submit your application in order for a your references to receive a link to submit their recommendation letter. Reference requests will be automatically emailed to the people you provide emails for. Please make sure to notify your references that they will be receiving an email from us and that they will need to submit their recommendation letters electronically on their letterhead.