MIT, Materials Research Laboratory
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
NSF/REU Summer Scholars Program
Thank you for your interest in the MRL Summer Research Internship opportunity sponsored through the NSF REU program. The program started in 1983, and has brought hundreds of the best science and engineering undergraduates in the country to MIT for graduate-level materials research. A wide range of project areas is available; see previous years' programs for example projects. The application must be submitted by February 14, 2020.
- Only US citizens/permanent residents may apply
- Program dates: June 7, 2020 - August 8, 2020
- Stipend $8000 plus round trip travel expenses of up to $1000
- Open to students who are starting their junior or senior year at any college or university, other than MIT, in September of 2020
- Selection is based on application, academic history and recommendation letters
- Application deadline : February 14, 2020
- Awards will be announced on or shortly after: March 16, 2020
- Arriving late or departing early is not permitted. You must attend all program dates. We work hard to create a program that immerses students in the local environment and meets MIT's curricular standards. It is important for students to be present for all aspects of the program.
The application is long but your responses will be auto saved. Please make sure to fill out all the information. No incomplete applications will be accepted.
A recommendation letter is required from your each of your references (2). You must submit your application in order for a your references to receive a link to submit their recommendation letter. Reference requests will be automatically emailed to the people you provide emails for. Please make sure to notify your references that they will be receiving an email from us and that they will need to submit their recommendation letters electronically on their letterhead.
NSF/DOE Quantum Science Summer School (QS3)
- The program is for graduate students and postdocs in the fields of condensed matter physics, materials science, and disciplines of quantum science in engineering, chemistry, and related fields
- Dates are July 13 - July 24, 2020
- Graduate Students and Postdocs are encouraged to apply
- Awards include round trip travel and attendance expenses
- More information about the program can be found at QS3.mit.edu