Thank you for your interest in the MRL Summer Research Internship opportunity sponsored through the NSF REU
The program started in 1983, and has
brought hundreds of the best science and engineering undergraduates in
the country to MIT for graduate-level materials research. A wide range
of project areas is available; see previous years' programs for example
projects. The application must be submitted by February 16, 2018.
- Only US citizens/permanent residents may apply
- Program dates: June 17, 2018 - August 11, 2018
- Stipend $6500 + round trip travel expenses up to $1000
- Open to students who are starting their junior or senior year at any college or university, other than MIT, in September of 2017
- Selection is based on application, academic history and recommendation letters
- Application deadline : February 16, 2018
- Awards will be announced on or shortly after: March 16, 2018
Arriving late or departing early is not permitted. You must attend all program dates.
We work hard to create a program that immerses students in the local
environment and meets MIT's curricular standards. It is important for
students to be present for all aspects of the program.
The application is long but your responses will be auto saved. Please make sure to fill out all the
information. No incomplete applications will be accepted.
A recommendation letter is required from your each of your references (2). A link to submit a recommendation letter will be
automatically emailed to the people you provide emails for. Please make sure to notify
your references that they will be receiving an email from us and that
they will need to submit their recommendation letters electronically on their letterhead.
If you have any problems or questions with the registration form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the program can be found on our website mrl.mit.edu.